Video: School Year Resiliency
In this video, Kate Hooven from Eastern Region ASERT, provides tips and tools for parents to help their children manage the many changes throughout the school year due to the pandemic.
- Visual schedules can help bolster resiliency.
- Include children in creating fun virtual school activities.
- Modeling resiliency and kindness can help our children become more resilient.
- Keep the same bedtime routine.
- Seek help for your child if their mental health is deteriorating.
- Self-care for caregivers is vital.
For more information and resources visit:
This information was developed by the Autism Services, Education, Resources, and Training Collaborative (ASERT). For more information, please contact ASERT at 877-231-4244 or info@PAautism.org. ASERT is funded by the Bureau of Supports for Autism and Special Populations, PA Department of Human Services.