Video: Coping with Coronavirus
This presentation, from Patricia Brofee at Central PA HCQU, focuses on coping with stressful situations like COVID-19. Topics include identifying reactions to stressful situations, reducing the negative impact of stress, practicing self-care and where to seek help when stressed.
- how to anticipate normal reactions to stressful situations
- how to reduce the negative impact of stress by recognizing how stress can affect our bodies,
- how to discuss the benefit of practicing self-care and stress- reducing activities and
- to know when and where to seek help when stressed.
- Everyone reacts to stress differently
- What we are all feeling is normal
- During times of stress, pay attention to your own needs and feelings
- Focus on what you can control
- Stay socially connected during stressful times
- Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for help if you feel alone and/or stressed.
Crisis Textline: text TALK to 741741