Video: Parenting in a Pandemic
In this presentation, Kate Hooven and Chisa Merriweather from Eastern Region ASERT, discusses what it’s like parenting children with special needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
They provide tips and suggestions for
- staying connected
- activities to stay engaged
- age appropriate ways to reduce fear
- using routines and schedules
- importance of having a “plan b”
- •Social distancing doesn’t have to be isolating
- Activities that work for your family help avoid comparison
- Age appropriate facts help reduce fear
- Routines and schedules look different for everyone
- Having a Plan B can help with unexpected changes
- Kids are grieving losses and we need to support them
This information was developed by the Autism Services, Education, Resources, and Training Collaborative (ASERT). For more information, please contact ASERT at 877-231-4244 or info@PAautism.org. ASERT is funded by the Bureau of Supports for Autism and Special Populations, PA Department of Human Services.