Video: Home from the Hospital
This video for families and bcaregivers is part of a three-part series discussing coming home after a hospitalization for vCOVID-19. It includes tips about important aspects of recovery at home, including physical activity, nutrition, rest and sleep, stress relief, and hygiene.
- Understand and follow discharge instructions after a hospitalization.
- Contact the PCP so they are aware and can monitor the person’s progress at home.
- It is important to focus on nutrition, physical activity, sleep and rest, stress relief, and hygiene to promote recovery.
For more information visit:
In this video, Patty Graves from Southeastern HCQU goes over what to expect when someone comes home from the hospital after being treated for COVID-19. It includes tips for discharge planning, communication, and preparation for the care of the recovering person at home.
- •Discharge planning starts on the day of admission.
- Communication is key to a successful discharge.
- Establish lines of communication with the hospital on admission.
- Have a clear plan for the person’s care for when they return.
- REMEMBER the person is still recovering!
For more information: