Video: Caring for Someone with COVID-19
This presentation, from Lydia Lingus at KEPRO Southwestern PA HCQU, provides information for family members and caregivers on how to support and care for someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 at home.
This video for direct support professionals and family caregivers discusses how to care for someone at home who has COVID-19. Tips are provided for how to meet the person’s needs while maintaining safety for the caregiver.
- Limit exposure to the person
- Prevent the spread of infection by keeping the environment clean and washing hands frequently
- Monitor symptoms and contact a healthcare professional if symptoms worsen
- Know recommendations for stopping isolation:
- No fever for 72 hours AND
- Other symptoms have improved
- 7 days since the first symptoms appeared
For more information visit: